If MyDigiBrand provided you with a WordPress website, you have the ability to add and remove website pages via your WordPress dashboard. Although this is relatively easy to do, MyDigiBrand recommends that if you feel uncomfortable or unsure of your abilities to navigate and perform tasks with WordPress, that you request the assistance of a WordPress professional to make the changes for you.
To add or remove a website page on your WordPress website, do the following:
- Log on to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials that were provided to you by MyDigiBrand (usually includes ‘/wp-admin/’ in the URL).
- On the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard, hover over the menu option that says ‘Pages’. A side menu will appear.
- From the side menu, click on the option that says ‘All Pages’. The center screen will now display all of the pages of your website.
- To remove a page from your WordPress website, simply hover over the page and click on the ‘Trash’ menu option that appears. NOTE: Removing a page is irreversible. If you decide that you want to add the page back later, you will have to totally recreate the page.
- To add a page to your WordPress website, simply click on the button at the top of the page that says ‘Add New’.
- In the center of the screen, give your page a title, and type in the content that you want to appear on your page.
- When you are ready to publish your page (make it live and visible to your blog visitors), simply click on the ‘Publish’ button on the page.
There are many other options available when you add a page to your website, such as scheduling, featured images, formatting and search engine optimization. To explore these other options, we strongly suggest you search ‘how to add a page in wordpress’ on both Google and YouTube.
Disclaimer: At MyDigiBrand, we assist small businesses and individuals with establishing and maintaining a powerful and engaging online presence via a strategic combination of a variety of third party products, tools and services. MyDigiBrand is proud to provide our clients with the information contained herein to assist them with managing and maintaining the services we have provided for them. Unfortunately, due to the sheer magnitude of features that are available through these third party services, MyDigiBrand cannot and does not provide training to our clients beyond what is available in these How To’s.
You’re MyDigiBrand website is built on WordPress, a feature rich content management system (CMS). As such, you have complete control over your website design and content via your WordPress Dashboard. Although MyDigiBrand provides basic instructions to our clients on how to manage their WordPress website content and design, we strongly suggest that you take caution when making changes. MyDigiBrand cannot be responsible for inadvertent mistakes and/or errors to your website made by you or your associates. Although we will try to assist you as necessary, you may be subject to our normal hourly rates to correct any mistakes and/or errors not created by MyDigiBrand.
Sorry, no attachments exist.