If MyDigiBrand included a WordPress blog with your project, then you have the ability to add blog posts at any time. Blogs are an excellent way to perform content marketing (attract followers based on useful information that you post for public consumption).
To add a blog post to your WordPress blog, do the following:
- Log on to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials that were provided to you by MyDigiBrand (usually includes ‘/wp-admin/’ in the URL).
- On the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard, hover over the menu option that says ‘Post’. A side menu will appear.
- From the side menu, click on the option that says ‘Add New’. The center screen will now display a form that allows you to ‘Add a New Post’.
- Enter the title and content for your post.
- On the right hand side of the screen, you can assign categories that your post will be filed under. Assigning your posts to categories can help you and your followers locate pertinent posts quickly by categories. NOTE: To add a new category, simply click on the ‘+ Add New Category’ option in the ‘Categories’ box. You can then type in a new category name, and click on the ‘Add New Category’ button to add the new category to your list of categories. You are virtually unlimited as to the number of categories you can have.
- Also on the right hand side of the screen, you can assign tags to your post. Tags are simply keywords that relevant to the post you are making. Tags are indexed by search engines to help them assign your post to a particular topic.
- When you are ready to publish your post (make it live and visible to your blog visitors), simply click on the ‘Publish’ button on the page.
There are many other options available when you post to a blog, such as scheduling, featured images, and formatting. To explore these other options, we strongly suggest you search ‘how to post on wordpress’ on both Google and YouTube.
Disclaimer: At MyDigiBrand, we assist small businesses and individuals with establishing and maintaining a powerful and engaging online presence via a strategic combination of a variety of third party products, tools and services. MyDigiBrand is proud to provide our clients with the information contained herein to assist them with managing and maintaining the services we have provided for them. Unfortunately, due to the sheer magnitude of features that are available through these third party services, MyDigiBrand cannot and does not provide training to our clients beyond what is available in these How To’s.
You’re MyDigiBrand website is built on WordPress, a feature rich content management system (CMS). As such, you have complete control over your website design and content via your WordPress Dashboard. Although MyDigiBrand provides basic instructions to our clients on how to manage their WordPress website content and design, we strongly suggest that you take caution when making changes. MyDigiBrand cannot be responsible for inadvertent mistakes and/or errors to your website made by you or your associates. Although we will try to assist you as necessary, you may be subject to our normal hourly rates to correct any mistakes and/or errors not created by MyDigiBrand.
Sorry, no attachments exist.