If MyDigiBrand provided you with a WordPress website, you have the ability to add, remove and edit menu options via your WordPress dashboard. Although this is relatively easy to do, MyDigiBrand recommends that if you feel uncomfortable or unsure of your abilities to navigate and perform tasks with WordPress, that you request the assistance of a WordPress professional to make the changes for you.
To add, remove or edit a menu item on your WordPress website, do the following:
- Log on to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials that were provided to you by MyDigiBrand (usually includes ‘/wp-admin/’ in the URL).
- On the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard, hover over the menu option that says ‘Appearance’. A side menu will appear.
- From the side menu, click on the option that says ‘Menus’. The center screen will now display a form that allows you to edit your menus.
- Under the section that says ‘Pages’, select the page that you want to add to your menu.
- Click the button that says ‘Add to Menu’. The page will now appear in the center section of the screen.
- You can now drag, drop and indent any of the menu options to customize your menu. If you indent the menu option, it will appear as a submenu to the first, non-indented menu option above it.
- When you have your menu the way that you want it, click on the ‘Save’ button. Your menu will immediately display your new menu.
There are many other options available to managing your menus, such as custom links and changing the menu text. To explore these other options, we strongly suggest you search ‘how to add a menu item in wordpress’ on both Google and YouTube.
Disclaimer: At MyDigiBrand, we assist small businesses and individuals with establishing and maintaining a powerful and engaging online presence via a strategic combination of a variety of third party products, tools and services. MyDigiBrand is proud to provide our clients with the information contained herein to assist them with managing and maintaining the services we have provided for them. Unfortunately, due to the sheer magnitude of features that are available through these third party services, MyDigiBrand cannot and does not provide training to our clients beyond what is available in these How To’s.
You’re MyDigiBrand website is built on WordPress, a feature rich content management system (CMS). As such, you have complete control over your website design and content via your WordPress Dashboard. Although MyDigiBrand provides basic instructions to our clients on how to manage their WordPress website content and design, we strongly suggest that you take caution when making changes. MyDigiBrand cannot be responsible for inadvertent mistakes and/or errors to your website made by you or your associates. Although we will try to assist you as necessary, you may be subject to our normal hourly rates to correct any mistakes and/or errors not created by MyDigiBrand.
Sorry, no attachments exist.