You SHOULD NOT attempt to change any of the code unless you are well versed and familiar with performing such changes. To add/change page content on your WordPress website, do the following:
- Log on to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials that were provided to you by MyDigiBrand (usually includes ‘/wp-admin/’ in the URL).
- On the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard, hover over the menu option that says ‘Pages’. A side menu will appear.
- From the side menu, click on the option that says ‘All Pages’. The center screen will now display all pages on your website.
- Click on the page title of the page you wish to edit.
- You will notice that your page includes both your page content and some programming code (which controls the design and layout of the page itself). Most page content will be contained within < p > and < /p > tags. To edit your page content, simply change the text between the < p > and < /p > tags. Be sure not to delete the < p > and < /p > tags!
- To change images on a page, look for [ image ] tags, and change the ‘src=’ value to your desired image value.
- When you are ready to publish your changes (make it live and visible on your website), simply click on the ‘Update’ button on the right hand side of the page.
Disclaimer: At MyDigiBrand, we assist small businesses and individuals with establishing and maintaining a powerful and engaging online presence via a strategic combination of a variety of third party products, tools and services. MyDigiBrand is proud to provide our clients with the information contained herein to assist them with managing and maintaining the services we have provided for them. Unfortunately, due to the sheer magnitude of features that are available through these third party services, MyDigiBrand cannot and does not provide training to our clients beyond what is available in these How To’s.
You’re MyDigiBrand website is built on WordPress, a feature rich content management system (CMS). As such, you have complete control over your website design and content via your WordPress Dashboard. Although MyDigiBrand provides basic instructions to our clients on how to manage their WordPress website content and design, we strongly suggest that you take caution when making changes. MyDigiBrand cannot be responsible for inadvertent mistakes and/or errors to your website made by you or your associates. Although we will try to assist you as necessary, you may be subject to our normal hourly rates to correct any mistakes and/or errors not created by MyDigiBrand.
Sorry, no attachments exist.