If MyDigiBrand included appointment setting functionality on your website using Bookly, then you have the ability to manage and update your appointment settings at any time. Appointment setting functionality allows your website visitors to schedule an appointment with you and/or your staff, as well as make full/partial payment for that appointment via a premium (paid) third party tool called Bookly. Bookly also has the functionality to integrate with Google Calendar, allowing you and your staff to automatically be updated whenever an appointment is booked (NOTE: This is an optional feature that requires configuration by MyDigiBrand. Additional charges may apply.).
Bookly requires the following components to properly function on your website:
- Staff Members. Each staff member that you want to accept appointments via your website must have a profile created in Bookly. NOTE: Depending on your offerings, it may require some creativity in creating staff members to allow your offerings to be properly displayed on your website.
- Services. Each service that you offer must be defined within Bookly.
To create a Staff Member in Bookly:
- Log on to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials that were provided to you by MyDigiBrand (usually includes ‘/wp-admin/’ in the URL).
- On the left hand side of your WordPress dashboard, click on the ‘Bookly’ link. You will now see the Bookly calendar page, along with additional Bookly options on the left hand side.
- Click on ‘Staff Members’ under the ‘Bookly’ section on the left hand side of your screen. You will now see a listing of your current staff members.
- You’ll notice that each of the staff members have the following profile sections:
- Details. These are the staff member details such as their name and phone number.
- Services. These are the services that the staff member offers. This ensures that the staff member will only be visible when your website visitor selects the services that the staff member offers.
- Schedule. This is the work schedule of the staff member. This ensures that your website visitors can only book appointments for services when there is an available staff member who offers that service.
- Days off. This ensures that no one can book an appointment with the staff member if they are not scheduled to work on that date. NOTE: The appointment schedule is driven off of the company’s business hours and services definitions. By default, Bookly assumes that all staff members are at work and available during normal business hours. Therefore, the purpose of the Days Off section is to define days where the staff member is not scheduled to work during normal business hours, and/or on a scheduled vacation.
- To manage a staff member, do the following:
- To delete a staff member, simply click on the ‘Delete this staff member’ button.
- To edit a staff member, simply click on the staff member you would like to edit. When you are done editing the staff member, click on the ‘Save’ button.
- To add a new staff member, simply click on the ‘New Staff Member’ button. Complete the form, and then click on the ‘Save’ button to save the new staff member.
- Click on the ‘Services’ under the ‘Bookly’ section on the left hand side of your screen. You will now see a listing of your current services.
- You’ll notice that each of your services has the following sections:
- Title. The name of the service as you want it presented to your website visitors.
- Duration. The amount of time the service will take for each customer. This is necessary to avoid double booking of services on your calendar.
- Price. How much you charge for the service.
- Capacity. The number of concurrent bookings of this service that you allow PER STAFF MEMBER.
- Staff. The staff members that are available for this service.
- Category. You can assign your services to specific categories to make it easier for your website visitors.
- To manage a service, do the following:
- To delete a service, highlight the service by checking the box on the far right hand side. Then click on the ‘Delete’ button at the bottom of the page.
- To edit a service, simply click on the section of the service that you would like to edit. Your changes will automatically be saved.
- To add a service, simply click on the ‘Add Service’ button at the bottom of the page.
Disclaimer: At MyDigiBrand, we assist small businesses and individuals with establishing and maintaining a powerful and engaging online presence via a strategic combination of a variety of third party products, tools and services. MyDigiBrand is proud to provide our clients with the information contained herein to assist them with managing and maintaining the services we have provided for them. Unfortunately, due to the sheer magnitude of features that are available through these third party services, MyDigiBrand cannot and does not provide training to our clients beyond what is available in these How To’s.
You’re MyDigiBrand website is built on WordPress, a feature rich content management system (CMS). As such, you have complete control over your website design and content via your WordPress Dashboard. Although MyDigiBrand provides basic instructions to our clients on how to manage their WordPress website content and design, we strongly suggest that you take caution when making changes. MyDigiBrand cannot be responsible for inadvertent mistakes and/or errors to your website made by you or your associates. Although we will try to assist you as necessary, you may be subject to our normal hourly rates to correct any mistakes and/or errors not created by MyDigiBrand.
Sorry, no attachments exist.